Which concert to choose?

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Plenz

Which concert to choose?

Postby Plenz » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:33 pm

It came into my mind to make a dream true and now finally try to see GG live.
But the conditions are a little bit difficult:
- the date should be a Saturday
- the place should be close to a railway station

As I see there are only two concerts matching the conditions: Steeple Aston and Cheltenham.

I would really prefer Steeple Aston because it looks like a small place on the countryside, but it seems that all accomodations are already booked out.

The church of Cheltenham may also be a nice place, but it's a concert together with Hayley Savage, so I wouldn't get 100% GG.

Better luck in autumn...?

Paul Lenz
youtube.com/watch?v=2pWQS__dW18

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi Paul,

I'd definitely go for Steeple Aston - you'd get to see Gordon at his best, in an intimate village hall venue.

As for accommodation, if you don't mind just clean, functional and simple rather than somewhere with "Olde Worlde English character", there is a Travelodge less than 5 miles away so you could get a taxi to and from it. It currently has vacancies for that date and several either side at a mere £29 per room ( sleeping up to 2 adults and two children ) as long as you book and pay in advance - but if you want them at that price you need to book quickly.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/rooms_rates.php?hotel_id=12

hope this helps :D
Sue
GG webmaster

Plenz

Postby Plenz » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi Sue,

thanks for confirming my opinion that Steeple Aston is the better choice.

But if I have to take a taxi, then it is better for me to sleep in Bicester or Banbury near a railway station to avoid another taxi next morning. Seems there are enough hotels with free rooms.

Paul

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:50 pm

Well I hope you make the gig, one way or another - I guarantee it will be worth it !

If you do come over, please post a review on here - Gordon doesn't have many fans make the trip from Finland especially for a gig.

cheers
Sue
GG webmaster

Plenz

Postby Plenz » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:05 pm

Hmm... I can not find where I can order a ticket or how to contact the organisers.

Paul

( There is a phone number on the gig page - Sue )

Mike Stranks

Postby Mike Stranks » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:16 pm

Dear Paul

Steeple Aston is mid-way between Oxford and Banbury - about 21 km from each.

I don't know how you will be travelling to the UK, but if you are flying to Heathrow there are buses direct from Heathrow to Oxford. There is a good variety of accommodation here too. In fact, it's almost certain that getting to Oxford would be easier than either Banbury or Bicester - by train or road.

If you decided to travel to Oxford I would be very happy to take you to Steeple Aston and bring you back by car. I live in Oxford and will be going to the Steeple Aston Concert. I could also get you a ticket!

Please let me know if you would like me to obtain a ticket for you. You can either reply via this forum or send me a Personal Message.

Best wishes. Mike

Plenz

Postby Plenz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:03 am

Thankyou very much, Mike! This is a phantastic offer. :D

Yes, please obtain a ticket for me. Or maybe two tickets, I will tell you as soon as possible. (I mean, if your car has space for another person.)

I think I will sleep in the Victoria House Hotel, George Street. I hope you can pick me up there without causing long detours.

Best regards, Paul

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi Paul.

I am VERY touched that you are prepared to travel ALL this way to attend one of my concerts. I shall make a point of publicly welcoming you to these shores at the venue.

THANKYOU to Mike for his VERY generous offer and to Sue for her help and suggestion of venue.

My deepest regards to you all.

G.

Plenz

Postby Plenz » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi Gordon,

thanks for your warm reply, but please don't worry too much about my journey! Since I live in Finland and my wife lives in Denmark, we both are used to travel rather often to meet eachother. Travelling is fun for us. I only regret that we have no time to visit any famous castle around Oxford. Maybe another time...

There is no need to welcome me publicly, I am afraid I will dither :oops:
but it's up to you if you like to do so.

If you are not in hurry to return home after the concert and we have some time to chat, I will be happy enough.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”