Chadkirk Chapel Gig

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

mantonl

Chadkirk Chapel Gig

Postby mantonl » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:07 am

Hi Again Folks,
I, with my partner, father and 2 friends went to see Gordon at Chadkirk Chapel in Stockport last night. Chadkirk Chapel was a perfect venue for the event as it is a beautiful historic building with fantastic acoustics, plus the Chadkick Chapel staff making you feel so welcome. Having been to see Gordon back in April at Morecambe, last night’s event is something I’d been eagerly looking forward to (I did have ticket number 1) and what a wonderful night we all had. Gordon’s ability to interact with the audience made it feel very intimate and like Gordon was playing to everyone in the chapel personally. Gordon kept us entertained all night with his fantastic guitar playing talent and superb collection of instruments. I was looking forward to hearing Gordon play “The Dodo’s Dream” live again, as this is a track I particularly enjoy and this was my fathers favourite last night, but for me looking back after the concert my favourite was “The Lords Seat”. It seemed a perfect track for the chapel and the backdrop behind Gordon, plus it suited the acoustics in the room wonderfully. Gordon from all of us last night, “Thank you” to Hilary and yourself for a great evenings entertainment.

Lee...

Derekicr5

Postby Derekicr5 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:43 am

Myself & my wife attended the Chadkirk Chapel show last night (along with Lee) I can only echo what Lee has already said. This was the 2nd time we had seen Gordon - The 1st being in Heathcliff. I'd just like to say thanks for a wonderful evening - The venue was indeed perfect and Gordon had me spellbound with his exquisite playing. My highlight had to be Dodos Dream,(My wife now understands how you play it!) but I think every piece you played was a highlight in itself. We look forward to seeing you at the Lowry & Bramall Hall shows.

Derek & Joyce

John Tummon

Postby John Tummon » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:32 pm

Great gig. Sat in front row with 13 year-old son who is learning guitar and plays mostly heavy metal. He was blown away and will easily persuade his elder brother, who was unavailable on the night and plays in a band himself, to see Gordon at the next opportunity. Gordon is an inspiration to the next generation of guitarists.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:31 pm

Dear John, Derek, Joyce and Lee. Thank you to you all for those oh so very kind words. I have to say that I probably enjoyed Saturday more than any other time I have played there. For some reason I decided to just relax and let the music speak for itself.

Be Well my friends.

Gordon.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”