Port Isaac approaches...

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Sunset Johnson

Port Isaac approaches...

Postby Sunset Johnson » Fri May 30, 2008 2:00 am

Hi Gordon

I'm really looking forward to bringing my sons Sam and Joe to see the master at work at the end of June in that best of all GG venues (apart perhaps from the Brewery Arts at Cirencester?), Port Isaac Village Hall.

It will be great to see you again then, it's been too long.

Paul

www.sunsetjohnson.com
www.sunsetjohnson.com
New Acoustic Music

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:41 pm

Hey Paul.

We too are looking forward to seeing all our Port Isaac friends again. I trust your superb Guilds are still playing and sounding great, along with that cracking Martin!

Best of Regards.

Gordon.

James S

Postby James S » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:53 pm

Got back home from the gig. It was a great venue and, although I only live across the bay in Tintagel, I agree that you couldn't really ask for a better location! The sound quality was great thanks to Sam's technical wizardry.

You played all the pieces I would have requested. The baritone guitar had a superb sound and if I had any doubts about saving up to buy one, your performance of Isabella's Wedding clinched it. The encore of Lucifer's Cage was also one of the best versions I have heard. Decades of performing it and it still sounds fresh.

I failed to mention to you that I was a guitarist myself but, certainly with the majority of new acoustic guitarists, you can assume nearly all of their audience has had more than a cursory glance at a guitar at some point.

I look forward to seeing you and Hilary again in Port Isaac. Many thanks also to the organisers for making this event possible. Very few of my favourite guitarists can be seen performing so close to home.

Sunset Johnson

Brilliant...

Postby Sunset Johnson » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:07 pm

Thanks Gordon for such a great evening, and for your obvious affection for a special venue! The packed house and the hushed attention said it all. You are a real favourite in Port Isaac, as you must realise. I never tire of your combination of musical wizardry and effortless humour, but it was particularly special for me watching my two boys' instinctive reaction to both. You now have two new major fans!

Great too having that long chat over a cup of tea this morning, setting the world right about guitars and guitarists. Thanks for calling in to see us, it was a lovely surprise and really nice to see you and Hilary.

See you in September in Cheltenham.

Paul
www.sunsetjohnson.com

New Acoustic Music

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:30 am

Hi James.

Thanks for coming to see me last Saturday. I love playing in Port Isaac, and Hilary and I have made many friends since our first visit there three years ago. Fore us it has to be THE most beautiful village in Cornwall but we are a tad biased!

SO pleased you enjoyed the show, and we look forward to you attending more GG concerts when I'm in the area.

Warm Regards.

Gordon.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:33 am

Hi Paul.

Good to see you and the boys, and I enjoyed our guitar anorak chat the following morning over a cuppa.We look forward to seeing you at the Cheltenham show. Have you sorted the Martin yet?

Best of Regards.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”