Rose Theatre, Kidderminster

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Grez

Postby Grez » Fri May 23, 2008 8:04 am

Thanks for a great night last night (Oh and happy anniversary, too).

Really enjoyed it - I loved the Dodo's Dream, the "Hits" at the end, but to see you playing Fast Approaching and Ives Horizon was very special. As I mentioned, they were my introduction to you many years ago (more than I think we'd both want to admit! :-D) c/o "The Contemporary Guitar Sampler" album. And that 12-string's just a gorgeous piece of kit.

Top stuff! Thanks!

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri May 23, 2008 9:27 am

Great to meet and chat after the show sir. I was delighted that you brought along those younger players, it's always good to present my music to a new audience. They looked as though they were enjoying it all...great fun eh!

Yes, that FYLDE 12 is certainly opening up and it's such an inspiration to play. I have owned many fine 12 strings and this along with my early Rob Armstrong model is up there with the best of them. I'm still getting used to the fan frets, but it's worth the effort for the sound it makes!

Thanks again Grez.

Best Regards.

Gordon.

John Adams

Postby John Adams » Fri May 23, 2008 1:08 pm

A privilege for us all to have spent the evening of Gordon and Hilary’s 22nd Wedding anniversary with them at The Rose! We enjoyed an evening of great entertainment, recollections and music, once again we were treated to material from Gordon’s back catalogue as well as many of our favourites. Gordon’s 12 string Fylde (first seen at the end of 2007) seems to have developed a deeper, more full bodied tone and appears to respond well to Gordon’s style of playing. As always we had a great evening and look forward to our next concert!

Josh

Postby Josh » Sat May 24, 2008 10:06 am

Hi Gordon, I just wanted to say thank you for your fantastic concert at the Rose on Thursday evening. (i was one of the guys on the front row) It was truly excellent, but unfortunaltely, having tried to learn it, i think 'The Dodo's dream' may take a little longer to master!

Looking at your schedule, i see you're in Bewdley in October, seeing as thats where i live, ill be seeing you then. Hope the acoustic festival is good for you.

Thanks... Josh :D

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat May 24, 2008 10:19 am

Hi Josh.

Good luck with the Dodo, it's fun...enjoy it. See you in Bewdley then?

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”