Walthamstow CANCELLED

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Sue
Site Admin

Walthamstow CANCELLED

Postby Sue » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:23 pm

Due to circumstances beyond Gordon's control, tonights gig in Walthamstow has been cancelled.

At time of writing this, 5.15pm - Gordon has been stuck in traffic on the M40 just south of Warwick for 3 hours. From what we can make out, there has been a serious accident with a car crossing the central reservation and involving 6 cars and 3 lorries, further down the motorway. The 15 mile stretch that Gordon is on has been closed.As yet there is no news on how long it is likely to be before the motorway reopens, and traffic in the surrounding area is also at a standstill.

Many apologies to those of you planning to attend. The gig will be re-scheduled as soon as possible. If you already have tickets, please contact the Plough for more information.

Sue
Last edited by Sue on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:45 pm

This is probably the first time in decades that I have missed a gig. I find it very upsetting because I HATE to let folk down, but this hold up was a biggie, I just hope that there wasn't any fatalities!

Russ who runs the Plough is such a great guy, and VERY understanding of the situation.We hope to re-schedule the date soon.

My deepest apologies to each and everyone, but I'm sure you understand that it was due to circumstances well beyond my control.

Sincere and Warm Regards.

Gordon.

Rick Payman

Postby Rick Payman » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:50 pm

So sorry to hear this, Gordon.

Would you believe it? Val and I were literally about to leave for this gig, when I checked the Plough Inn site, and discovered the gig had just been cancelled. All credit to Russ (and Sue) for getting the web site information updated so promptly.
We were rather disappointed, but felt very lucky not to be stuck in a traffic jam on the M40 ... :wink:
Very Best Wishes, until next time,
Rick.

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:25 pm

Ah, Rick,

sorry to have missed you ! Mike and I were coming up to this too.

As you can imagine, there were frantic phone calls and we kept checking the lastest traffic info to see what was happening, but by 5.15pm we all realised it was hopeless as they were then giving an expected time of reopening the motorway of 8pm at the earliest ! Even if Gordon could have got off the M40, there were more problems on all the local roads, as well as the M1 and M25.

Still, I'm glad you spotted it before having a wasted trip, and I hope that updating the website straight away managed to save a few other people the journey too.

Not sure when it will be re-scheduled at the moment, but see you there next time I hope.

Sue

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”