Aston On trent Village Hall

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Mike Parker

Aston On trent Village Hall

Postby Mike Parker » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:08 pm

Hi
Just to say many thanks for the concert yesterday at Aston On Trent . We both really enjoyed your performance and found your introductions amusing and informative . We hope that the wait for the raffle before your encore enabled you to psyc your self up, although the audiance though that you had gone for a tripple pickled onion!

On an Anorack level - where can I get a Tab of Heartsong ? I have a copy of the encounters of the finger style kind but its not featured .

Thanks again We look forward to seeing you perform again

Mike and Monique

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:44 pm

Hello Both.

SO glad you enjoyed last night, Hilary and I plus our pals had a great time, really freiendly and welcoming from all involved.

With regard to the TAB for Heartsong, you will be pleased to know that we are bringing out a book before the end of the year that will contain pretty much all of those early GG compositions. Hope you can wait intil then Mike?

In the meantime here is a taster of how it's constructed.DGDGBD is the tuning and I place a capo at the 2nd fret. In order to get the power strumming, I use a light and flexable pick with a down down up down up pattern. Start slow and then build up to speed whilst thinking of Ravel's Bolero as your template.

Have fun, and my best to you Both.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”