Sharrington Concert last night

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

sultan4swing

Sharrington Concert last night

Postby sultan4swing » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:47 am

Hi Gordon.… great to see you well and giving your usual virtuoso performance.... Despite playing guitar/singing for some 50 years and a lot of past gigging, I've luckily learnt 2 major lessons: (1) I'm still only a pretty basic guitarist (2) More importantly, how fortunate I am to be able to appreciate a master of his instruments... My wife and I had a great evening - even if some 35 miles drive back home afterwards.. Good also to meet up with Chris. Interesting you both have a Gibson j200(?)... My main and fav instrument has always been my Yamaha CJ838S - bought new in 1978 - GBP220 was a lot of money back then for a young(ish) Government research analyst!!!!. The CJ838S was modelled on the J200 but obviously not quite in the same league. As Yamaha's first solid top acoustic, and played for many years, it's sound and tone are right up there with the more expensive guitars... even if it's owner's skill is somewhat lacking.. !!!???!! How fortunate to be in Norfolk this year where we can here someone of your stature, then go on in a month's time to hear Xuefei Yang at Binham - AMAZING classical guitarist, and in November - Milos Karadaglic - probably THE best classical guitarist today...…

PS.... Claude Bourbon sends his regards... he was recently at Hindolveston - another superb guitarist technician..

Stay well...

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Sharrington Concert last night

Postby GORDON » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:09 pm

Thanks for such a lovely posting,and sorry for the late reply.G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”