A forgotten track

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

kipper3x6

A forgotten track

Postby kipper3x6 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:12 am

I'm new to this site and have a small problem, I'm not too sure where or to whom I should send this problem. I've seen Gordon when he came to Exeter performing, with a bass guitarist, with a full group backing him and as a solo artist, but the problem I have is when he did a gig with Rick Saunders over the top of a pub here (Maybe the Greyhound) At one point Rick did a solo with his electric violin that was more than incredible, Gordon came forward and said who could possibly follow that? He did. What Gordon played was three times more than fantastic, it was mind bnlowing. He said that he had never (At that time) recorded it, unfortunately I can't remember what it was called. I really would appreciate it if anybody knows what I'm talking about and that he did eventually record it and on what album. Thanks to any one who can help me in advance. Pete alias the "kipper3x6"

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:17 pm

Hi Pete
If the piece was fast and used a slapback delay it may have been 'Splinter'. This is one of the pieces that Gordon plays as a fun piece but has never recorded, although I think it would be a great addition to any CD. You did'nt say how long ago it was but if this is not the piece then ask for it next time you see Gordon as it is a great piece. Check the Tips and Tabs section if you are a guitarist as the tuning is there. Can't help with the tabs though :lol:
Best wishes
Bob

GORDON
Site Admin

Forgotten track.

Postby GORDON » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:42 am

Hello Sir.

Wish I could remember the track you spoke of. It must have been a bit special for you to comment on it. Can you give us a bit of a clue here. Was it using midi guitar for example, was it in an open tuning?

Best Regards.

Gordon.

GORDON
Site Admin

The forgotten track.

Postby GORDON » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:24 pm

I have just spent the last hour going through my old set lists. Yes, I know I am a sad person BUT it was all apart of my history, and when I look at those lists it reminds of the good times(a few bad) that I spent with some amazing musicians. Anyway I digress.

I was looking at the Giltrap Sanders set list for the period I was working with him, and the last time was 1989. The set list says that after Rick's solo PDC, I played a piece called WORK, which is part of the Brotherhood suite, and in all honesty it has never really had a proper recorded version in a studio, but this will be rectified next year with the release of the Giltrap/ Wakeman album.

There is a nice 'live' version of WORK on YOUTUBE with the Sheffield Phil, and Rick and I did a version on our One to One album, but that version is pretty much a duo as opposed to a solo version. Failing that, if it's not WORK then it MUST be Lucifers Cage.. :?

I sincerely hope the above throws some light on the piece for you my friend.

Warm Regards.

Gordon.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”