Bert Jansch celebration at Royal Festival Hall 3 Dec 2013

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Henry132

Bert Jansch celebration at Royal Festival Hall 3 Dec 2013

Postby Henry132 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi Gordon,

Just wanted to say that I thought your piece for Loren was the best of everything at the Bert Jansch celebration concert last night.

I didn't know your music before, I'm in my 30s and so a bit of a newcomer to Bert's music too.

I thought perhaps you were going to sing, and then when you didn't... for some reason I found your performance incredibly moving. I'm amazed by what you managed to communicate without words. I've seen some of the reviews of the event in the papers and was disappointed not to see your performance mentioned.

Is there a recording of your song to listen to?

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Bert Jansch celebration at Royal Festival Hall 3 Dec 201

Postby GORDON » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Henry132 wrote:Hi Gordon,

Just wanted to say that I thought your piece for Loren was the best of everything at the Bert Jansch celebration concert last night.

I didn't know your music before, I'm in my 30s and so a bit of a newcomer to Bert's music too.

I thought perhaps you were going to sing, and then when you didn't... for some reason I found your performance incredibly moving. I'm amazed by what you managed to communicate without words. I've seen some of the reviews of the event in the papers and was disappointed not to see your performance mentioned.

Is there a recording of your song to listen to?

Hello Henry.

Your posting has lifted my spirits somewhat. I didn't know the concert had been reviewed, and what a shame that my heartfelt contribution was totally ignored. Never mind, the people that know and care what it meant to me personally and to the Jansch and Aurbach family.

I thankyou most sincerely for your posting and for you to take the time and effort to do so.

Be Well friend.

G.

Mike Stranks

Postby Mike Stranks » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:13 pm

The older I get, the better I used to be

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:19 pm

He also gets a passing mention in the Financial Times !!

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/d8517232-5cd1-11e3-a558-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2mXOKgNZV

Sue
GG webmaster

Russ Gannicott

Postby Russ Gannicott » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:41 pm

We would have given anything to have been there on the night - especially Ash, as he was so nearby, but sadly this completely slipped under the radar for us and we found out about it too late!! I look forward to hearing/watching the recording of the night though - any idea when it will be broadcast?

Interesting point about 'morning dew' - I always credited the song to Tim Rose and didn't know he hadn't written it. I think a lot of people were under this misappprehension....something that Tim Rose himself did little to dispell! I had the great pleasure of playing with him many years ago at a festival and I'm pretty certain he introduced the song as his. Mind you, he said the same about 'Hey Joe'!

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:54 pm

Russ Gannicott wrote:We would have given anything to have been there on the night - especially Ash, as he was so nearby, but sadly this completely slipped under the radar for us and we found out about it too late!! I look forward to hearing/watching the recording of the night though - any idea when it will be broadcast?

Interesting point about 'morning dew' - I always credited the song to Tim Rose and didn't know he hadn't written it. I think a lot of people were under this misappprehension....something that Tim Rose himself did little to dispell! I had the great pleasure of playing with him many years ago at a festival and I'm pretty certain he introduced the song as his. Mind you, he said the same about 'Hey Joe'!

As soon as I have a date I shall let everyone know buddy.

G.

kevin

Postby kevin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:41 pm

As an update the BBC recently emailed me saying no date has yet been scheduled for transmission. Furthermore my request for the inclusion of Gordons piece has been passed to senior managers. I live in hope
Best wishesi
Kevin

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:03 am

kevin wrote:As an update the BBC recently emailed me saying no date has yet been scheduled for transmission. Furthermore my request for the inclusion of Gordons piece has been passed to senior managers. I live in hope
Best wishesi
Kevin

Thanks ever so much my friend.

Be well.

G.

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Yep! The same response I have had several times now. Hopefully, 'Loren' will be included when the programme is aired. This seems to be their normal response however you contact them.
--------------
Thank you for contacting the BBC.
We will reply to your enquiry if we can but cannot promise to answer everyone individually so hope the following information is helpful:
Information about particular programmes and when they will be transmitted or repeated is available at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/
(please note our schedules are only confirmed for 7 days in advance).
You can find more information using our search service at http://www.bbc.co.uk, and information about the BBC at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc
If you asked about available BBC DVDs, books or other products please check with local or online retailers to see if they have been or will be commercially released.
For information about receiving TV or radio or dealing with interference issues, please visit:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception
Thank you for contacting us.
Best wishes
BBC Audience Services.
------------------
Be well
Bob
Lives touch and paths cross for a reason - be grateful for these meetings and grow as a person

kevin

Postby kevin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi Bob and Gordon
My email came from the same source as yours Bob but was worded differently. Although they ultimately promised nothing.
Then they had the audacity to send me another asking " how did we do" I will answer that after transmission!
I am thinking of trying to email Bob Harris, A friend of yours Gordon I know (if thats ok with you Gordon, please say if its not)
Best wishes
Kevin

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi Bob & Kevin.

Thanks so much for trying to get the info on the broadcast.Whatever the content, is really down to the Beeb,so what will be will be I guess.

My new video of Loren should be going live soon on YOUTUBE.I hope you enjoy it.

BE WELL,& Thanks guys.

Gordon

kevin

Postby kevin » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:32 pm

According to Berts twitter account its being shown on Friday 28th March on BBC4 10pm
Can only hope your on it Gordon.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”