Portsmouth Guildhall 25 June 2013

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

Portsmouth Guildhall 25 June 2013

Postby Roger » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:29 pm

Anyone planning to go to this gig might be interested to know that two tickets are up for grabs from Express FM. All you have to do is listen to the excellent Memory Lane, hosted by Geoff Peters and Gary Burnett, on Sunday 23 June between 8pm and 10pm and enter their quiz. If you're in the Portsmouth area Express FM can be found on 93.7 FM. Alternatively you can listen via the Express FM player which can be accessed from their website http://www.expressfm.com

Good luck :D

Roger

Re: Portsmouth Guildhall 25 June 2013

Postby Roger » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Feature from our local newspaper (The News) today:

Gordon's a Guitar Hero

Gordon Giltrap is the next artist to play at the intimate Live Lounge concert series in the café at Portsmouth Guildhall.

He’s played this area a few times in recent years with shows at Havant and Hayling Island, but this is his first visit to the heart of Portsmouth for some time.

A guitar hero, he’s one of the most innovative acoustic players in the UK today. He has developed his own unique style, much copied, but never bettered in 40 years in the business.

After his show at Havant last year, our reviewer, Alan Cooper, said: “He remains one of the country’s finest guitarists. He held a sell-out audience spellbound with two hours of instrumental excellence. His fusion of folk, classical and rock guitar is unique and as hypnotic as when I first saw him more than 30 years ago at the Dome, Brighton, when his joyous hit Heartsong neared the top 20. The affably chatty musician dazzled with ability to make instruments sing, chime and howl. It seemed one could almost see sparkling cascades of notes bounce around the room”.

See him at the Guildhall on Tuesday from 8pm. Tickets: £12 (£18.95 with a one course meal or £22 with two courses from 7pm) from portsmouth guildhall.org.uk or (023)92824355.

Roger

Re: Portsmouth Guildhall 25 June 2013

Postby Roger » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:12 pm

As I'm fending for myself this week (please don't get the violins out!) I'm sure that Gordon won't mind me pointing people in the direction of this review in the local Portsmouth press rather than writing one myself:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/what-s-on/g ... -1-5223514

Always difficult to pick out highlights, but if pushed I would say Dodo with the distorted guitar harmonies, The Lord's Seat, Splinter and Lucifer's Cage.

Great night - please come to Pompey again soon Gordon!

Roger

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”