Chilcompton Village Concert

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Bob Wilson

Chilcompton Village Concert

Postby Bob Wilson » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:48 pm

Arriving early at Chilcompton so that I could give Gordon a hand with the set-up and sound check, we were greeted by the hosts for the evening and made to feel very welcome. A very pleasant village with a very good village hall.
Gordon was on very good form for this gig and was really enjoying himself. All the favourites were there and with ‘Taylor Bird’ ‘Dodo’ and ‘Splinter’ being played I was happy whatever else he played. However, his second encore brought out ‘Wherever There Was Beauty’ from the new album with Oliver. What a beautiful piece! Written to remember an artist friend of Gordon’s, it was played with Gordon’s new Verbzilla pedal really coming to the fore. Perfection!
Before the concert Gordon let me play his new GG model acoustic and I have to say it is an amazing guitar for the money. The neck is slightly heavier than the previous GG model and the solid rosewood back and extras really make it a fantastic guitar to play. The action was like that of an electric guitar and it sounded like a very much more expensive guitar. If you are looking for a new acoustic look no further! This is unbelievable value for money and has been finished to the highest standards. Another Award methinks!!!
Gordon also played me a few of the new album tracks. All I can say is that it’s made it much harder for me to wait until March 4 to hear the rest of this album. A great album that takes Gordon back to the ‘prog rock’ days with Oliver’s keyboard wizardry and a great bunch of musicians who are obviously masters of their trade. Order it now if you haven’t already ... you won’t be disappointed!
:D :D
Lives touch and paths cross for a reason - be grateful for these meetings and grow as a person

Roger

Re: Chilcompton Village Concert

Postby Roger » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Sounds like a GREAT night Bob - two encores as well :D

As you say the wait for the new album seems like a long one, but I'm sure it will be worth it :wink:

Best to you and Jane,

Roger

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”