Gordon & Oliver - Brook Theatre, Chatham - 18th October 2012

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

BRC

Gordon & Oliver - Brook Theatre, Chatham - 18th October 2012

Postby BRC » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:44 am

I have thought long and hard as how best to do a review of last night's concert.

I could list the pieces played, give a number by number account of each and how they compare - both to each piece and to the original versions as previously known to me. However that could not possibly do justice to the overall performance by both artists or even begin to convey the experience.

I always enjoy Gordon's music and performances, though Oliver's music is much less familiar to me, thus giving an expectation of the familar with the unheard and, for me, the untested. Was I dissapointed? Not in the least, not only that, I found myself sitting and listening intently and even wallowing in the music.

What a wonderful evening and experience to have been entertained by such consumate musicians who know exactly how to reach their audience and, clearly, enjoy themselves as well.

Words are totally inadequate to convey my view of the concert. So, if you haven't already, try to get to one of the remaining events and you will surely understand what I haven't been able to express.

I read a couple of days ago of the imminent Rolling Stones concerts and the ridiculous prices being asked for tickets - that is from official sources. If you enjoy quality music, quality performers and, simply, a magical evening, you can do that at a tiny fraction of the cost with Gordon & Oliver's 'Ravens & Lullabies'.

Brad

gahunt

Re: Gordon & Oliver - Brook Theatre, Chatham - 18th October

Postby gahunt » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:28 am

Agree with your view - brilliant night out.

I did a review on my blog http://guitarsandlife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/gordon-giltrap-and-oliver-wakeman-brook.html

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Gordon & Oliver - Brook Theatre, Chatham - 18th October

Postby GORDON » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:26 pm

My sincere thanks to the both of you my friends.

Be Well.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”