THANKYOU.

Moderator: GORDON

GORDON
Site Admin

THANKYOU.

Postby GORDON » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:42 pm

A big THANKYOU to all of you for posting those lovely well wishing messages.

I'm not doing too bad, get tired a lot but am able to almost carry on as normal.

Am in no pain....thank God and just the odd side effect from the medication.

We take life in two weeks at a time chunks, and semi retirement is looking more attractive as the days go by.

Love and thanks to you all.

G&H.x

Steve L

Re: THANKYOU.

Postby Steve L » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:25 pm

My wife and I have long been keen fans. (Since the release of Peacock Party)
We have seen you many times both in Cumbria, where we live, and over the years in various other places such as Martin Tailor's Guitar festival in Ayr and Alexanders' Jazz Cafe in Chester. (I remember this gig as it was just after the release of your signature Yiari guitar and we spoke at some length about it after the performance)
You have always been very approachable during intermissions and after gigs.
We were sorry to hear of your current health issues and we would like to pass on our very best wishes. We would also like to express our sincere thanks for all the pleasure we have had listening to you both live and on CD/LP. (I think we own every CD and DVD you have ever released.)
On a more personal note I have been meaning to get in touch for the last 18 months or so to express my gratitude to your unwitting help in recovering from my own health issues.
As a keen guitar player and collector I have been trying to play your tunes for many years.
Late in 2006 I suffered multiple strokes. During my recovery I was somewhat dismayed to find I had lost most of my finger dexterity and also found acoustic guitars very painful to hold.
But as a keen Gordon Giltrap/Guitar fan I purchased one of the Vintage Gordon Giltrap signature guitars as soon as they were released. To my delight I found the distinctive body shape and neck profile ALMOST comfortable to hold for short periods. With some perseverance I eventually managed to re-learn and play Daisy Chain. My playing has continued to improve ,although not to my pre-stroke level, and my playing time depends very much on how I feel on any particular day.
I have since purchased all four of your Vintage signature acoustic guitars and can only thank you again for the inspiration.
We live close to the Rosehill Theatre in Whitehaven and I think the last time we saw and spoke to you was there in 2006? (I remember during the intermission when you were taking requests I asked for Taylor Bird which I always used as a practice piece and had not heard you play it live for some time).
I have recently purchased a partial capo mainly due to Shining Morn and find this both challenging and rewarding so thanks for the inspiration again.
Wishing you all the very best for you recovery
Kindest Regards
Steve L & wife

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:28 pm

Steve L wrote:My wife and I have long been keen fans. (Since the release of Peacock Party)
We have seen you many times both in Cumbria, where we live, and over the years in various other places such as Martin Tailor's Guitar festival in Ayr and Alexanders' Jazz Cafe in Chester. (I remember this gig as it was just after the release of your signature Yiari guitar and we spoke at some length about it after the performance)
You have always been very approachable during intermissions and after gigs.
We were sorry to hear of your current health issues and we would like to pass on our very best wishes. We would also like to express our sincere thanks for all the pleasure we have had listening to you both live and on CD/LP. (I think we own every CD and DVD you have ever released.)
On a more personal note I have been meaning to get in touch for the last 18 months or so to express my gratitude to your unwitting help in recovering from my own health issues.
As a keen guitar player and collector I have been trying to play your tunes for many years.
Late in 2006 I suffered multiple strokes. During my recovery I was somewhat dismayed to find I had lost most of my finger dexterity and also found acoustic guitars very painful to hold.
But as a keen Gordon Giltrap/Guitar fan I purchased one of the Vintage Gordon Giltrap signature guitars as soon as they were released. To my delight I found the distinctive body shape and neck profile ALMOST comfortable to hold for short periods. With some perseverance I eventually managed to re-learn and play Daisy Chain. My playing has continued to improve ,although not to my pre-stroke level, and my playing time depends very much on how I feel on any particular day.
I have since purchased all four of your Vintage signature acoustic guitars and can only thank you again for the inspiration.
We live close to the Rosehill Theatre in Whitehaven and I think the last time we saw and spoke to you was there in 2006? (I remember during the intermission when you were taking requests I asked for Taylor Bird which I always used as a practice piece and had not heard you play it live for some time).
I have recently purchased a partial capo mainly due to Shining Morn and find this both challenging and rewarding so thanks for the inspiration again.
Wishing you all the very best for you recovery
Kindest Regards
Steve L & wife

Hello sir.

Since I shared the news of my health issues I have received so many words of kindness such as yours,any words of thanks are somehow difficult to find without sounding trite or phony . All I can say is thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to let me know how much this music of mine truly means to you . THANK YOU so much. Be well.G

martin130161

Postby martin130161 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:45 am

GORDON wrote:A big THANKYOU to all of you for posting those lovely well wishing messages.

I'm not doing too bad, get tired a lot but am able to almost carry on as normal.

We take life in two weeks at a time chunks, and semi retirement is looking more attractive as the days go by.

G&H.x

Hi Gordon...

I'm ashamed to say that I only learned of your illness via a friend this week, so this is just a message to wish you all the love and best in your treatment and recovery, and to hope that you are as well as can possibly be at this time.

Catching up with you and Hilary at Alsager a couple of years ago was a true pleasure and a privilege, and I hope to be able to do so again once you're back to your full health and strength.

With much love to you both,

Martin (Bell)

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:12 pm

martin130161 wrote:
GORDON wrote:A big THANKYOU to all of you for posting those lovely well wishing messages.

G&H.x

Hi Gordon...

I'm ashamed to say that I only learned of your illness via a friend this week, so this is just a message to wish you all the love and best in your treatment and recovery, and to hope that you are as well as can possibly be at this time.

Catching up with you and Hilary at Alsager a couple of years ago was a true pleasure and a privilege, and I hope to be able to do so again once you're back to your full health and strength.

With much love to you both,

Martin (Bell)

It was good to see you buddy as ever and THANKYOU for your kind thoughts and good wishes.If I feel physically and mentally ready to return to live work and it's right to do so then indeed I shall, but until then we just take things as they come.Be well and keep playing as well as you always have my friend.G.

Return to “Newsflash from Gordon Sept 2015”