Announcement Sept 2015

Moderator: GORDON

SarahB

Re: Announcement Sept 2015

Postby SarahB » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:53 pm

Dear Gordon,

What a rotten thing to happen! At least it's been caught and is treatable. Sending you healing thoughts, and hoping your treatment and recovery will be swift.

Love and best wishes,

Sarah and Paul (Bardster)

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:33 am

Hi Gordon
The strength you have shown over the past months of uncertainty has been inspiring. Having decided to now share this with the whole forum will now give you a lot of positive energy and feedback that is so needed in times of stress. Your support system is strong with Hilary, your family and friends and we send you our best wishes for the op and a speedy recovery. The slowing down is something that we had expected since you told us but like the true professional you are you still carried on regardless. We are happy that the semi-retirement will give you more time to enjoy with Hilary although obviously we’ll miss not seeing so many of your gigs. We send you every positive thought and our love to you both at this time and remember, if things gets too stressful or you just need a chat give me a call.
Be well
LTYB
Bob and Jane xx
Lives touch and paths cross for a reason - be grateful for these meetings and grow as a person

Roger

Postby Roger » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:09 pm

From Bill Nelson:

"That's a worry. Gordon is a fine guitarist and, by all accounts, a very nice guy too. I'm so sorry to hear of his illness and wish him the very best in dealing with it".

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:22 pm

Gordon,

So very sad to hear this awful news. You, Hil and the family will be in our thoughts and prayers over the coming months and we'll be wishing you a complete and speedy recovery. In the meantime it's good to know that you are giving yourself the time to do whatever you need to do to deal with your illness.

With warmest thoughts and love to you and Hilary fro us 3 xxx

Jon G

Postby Jon G » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:58 am

Just visited for the first time in a while - bad news. Our prayers go with you for successful treatment in the coming months (and, we hope, a return to playing in due course)

Much love to you and Hilary

Jon and Cynth
Nothing can possibly go wrong...

Brian

Postby Brian » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:58 pm

Gordon,

So sad to hear about your bad news.

We hope everything goes ok for you in the future and look forward to seeing you on the stage once more, Bri and Lorraine.

hope everything goes ok for you over months to come and look forward to seeing you back on the Stage once again.

Tom McCauley

Postby Tom McCauley » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:16 am

Sorry to hear about your disease Gordon. Hope you get better soon.
Take care of yourself.

Tom
Tom McCauley

ray in glasgow

Postby ray in glasgow » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:04 pm

As we say in Glasgow, "orrabest big man"

davevw

Postby davevw » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:18 pm

Sorry to hear that you have a GIST but very pleased to hear that it is treatable.
I have recently had an operation for a hole in the heart and now am back to full fitness. Just goes to show that us old guys have nothing to fear from surgery.
Thoughts are with you and Hilary.
Be well and keep taking the tablets
Dave VW

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:31 pm

davevw wrote:Sorry to hear that you have a GIST but very pleased to hear that it is treatable.
I have recently had an operation for a hole in the heart and now am back to full fitness. Just goes to show that us old guys have nothing to fear from surgery.
Thoughts are with you and Hilary.
Be well and keep taking the tablets
Dave VW

Wow Dave,you have been going through the hoop but glad you are now OK.Hilary and I send our love.

G&H.

steve

Postby steve » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:38 pm

I'm very sorry to hear about your health news Gordon and wish you well in your treatment and speedy recovery. I hope to see you back out on the road again soon. Best wishes from sunny Evesham!
Mirrors should think longer before they reflect ~ Jean Cocteau

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:41 am

Many thanks Steve.Be Well.

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:05 pm

I've been asked to post the following by Colin McCormack a non - forum member

Gordon told me that he had received the diagnosis of his Gastro Intestinal Stromal Tumour just TWO DAYS before he was due to play a private gig at my wedding anniversary party.

It is a testament to Gordon's professionalism and humanity that, after receiving such news he nevertheless played his socks off at the gig and produced a night of musical magic that will remain with all who were there for many years to come (see July News Update).

During the interval and after the gig he chatted freely and happily with all present, with never a hint he had something like this on his mind.

The man is a legend - thanks Gordon!

Colin and Gillian Colin McCormack
GG webmaster

DaveWeedon

Postby DaveWeedon » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:22 pm

Hi Gordon,

A bit behind the news I know, but just to say how completely shocked Jane and I were to hear about your diagnosis. Thinking back, it would certainly explain the tiredness you talked about in the bar at The Fleece last April. Puts my broken leg in the shade, says he attempting a little light heartedness...

It was always an honour to build the stage once a year for a genius who gives his time gratis to benefit a leukaemia charity so very close to his heart; the situation you are now in is almost beyond ironic. If there is any karma or justice in this world, you will come through the treatment with complete success and continue to bring huge enjoyment to many, many appreciative audiences in the future.

All our best wishes to you and Hilary, and we look forward to a wee dram in The Fleece with you again before too long.

Be well very soon,

Dave and Jane

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:37 pm

DaveWeedon wrote:Hi Gordon,

A bit behind the news I know, but just to say how completely shocked Jane and I were to hear about your diagnosis. Thinking back, it would certainly explain the tiredness you talked about in the bar at The Fleece last April. Puts my broken leg in the shade, says he attempting a little light heartedness...

It was always an honour to build the stage once a year for a genius who gives his time gratis to benefit a leukaemia charity so very close to his heart; the situation you are now in is almost beyond ironic. If there is any karma or justice in this world, you will come through the treatment with complete success and continue to bring huge enjoyment to many, many appreciative audiences in the future.

All our best wishes to you and Hilary, and we look forward to a wee dram in The Fleece with you again before too long.

Be well very soon,

Dave and Jane

Hi Dave.

What a lovely posting my friend.

We are doing OK ,fortunately I am in no major discomfort and am in the finest medical hands possible.

This experience has indeed been life changing.I am at present semi retired ,and am truly re accessing my life and future,and if I do continue working in the live arena which I sincerely hope I shall be, it will be on a different basis.I shan't be flogging myself daft travelling around the UK anymore and will hopefully be able to cherry pick the work that I do.I'm truly looking forward to doing more teaching in the future and passing on the legacy of my compositions to other players.

I hope the finds you and your beloved in good form buddy and thanks again for your kind thoughts.

Be Well.

G.

Return to “Newsflash from Gordon Sept 2015”