New Signature

If you are having a problem using the board and cannot find the answer in the FAQ, please post it here.

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

New Signature

Postby Roger » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:44 pm

Hi Sue

I'm getting a bit bored of my signature and would like to change it! However, unless I'm missing something there doesn't appear to be an option to do this. Any advice please?

Thanks,

Roger

Sue
Site Admin

Re: New Signature

Postby Sue » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi Roger,

a strange one this - I hadn't spotted the problem as the "User control panel" is a section I rarely use, but bear with me a minute. I think it may stem from the last forum upgrade which caused a lot of problems - although the forum appears to be part of the main website it is actually a separate entity embedded into it. Anyway, long story short we got it working eventually (correctly we thought) but obviously there is a problem somewhere along the line. :oops:

The edit signature option ( and a lot of others) are still available but not displaying as they should, so they aren't in the place you expect them to be on the page. Log in, go to the User Control panel, on the drop down to the right of your little avatar. Click on profile and you will see some options. If you now look up at the left of the top of the page you will see some links including edit signature outside the "page" of the forum and overlapping the normal menu for the site. The same thing applies on the other tabs within User Control panel.The links function as they should and then open the correct option within the main panel so can still be used. If you are viewing on a phone they may cover the main website menus so try a tablet or pc with a bigger screen.

I will get this investigated and hopefully corrected as soon as I can, in the meantime please try that but if you have a problem let me know what you would like as your new signature and I will update it for you.

Happy New Year
Sue
GG webmaster

Roger

Re: New Signature

Postby Roger » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:27 pm

Thanks Sue! I worked out how to do it a few minutes before your post when I thought I was seeing double :)

Thanks for your response and Happy New Year to you and Mike too!

Roger

Return to “Board Help”