Saturday, March 27, 2010
Church Rd Shilton, Warks CV7 9HX
Shilton is a village and civil parish in the English county of Warwickshire. The parish of Shilton also includes the nearby hamlet of Barnacle, and in the 2001 census had a population of 826.
The village is about two miles north-east of Coventry on the B4065 road and at a crossroads with the B4029 road. Administratively, Shilton is in an outlying part of the borough of Rugby, although it is more than ten miles (16 km) from the town of Rugby.
Shilton is almost cut in two by the London to Manchester railway line (West Coast Main Line). It formerly had a railway station but this closed in 1957.
The village contains a number of old cottages along the main street,a post office, village hall and one old pub, the "Shilton Arms".
Please check availability of tickets and confirm date / start times with the organiser before setting out, as sometimes changes are unavoidable - thank you.